How TechPoint Inspired 5,000 Technologists In Nigerian
TechPoint Inspired 2018 was a fantastic conference that happened in Lagos Island on the 29th May, 2018. The conference was lit and very educative to young Nigerians that are still in school and hustling around Tech/Entrepreneurship.
It happened to be one of the biggest tech conferences in Nigeria and West-Africa as a whole. Qualitative speakers from different companies in Africa came to deliver speech at the conference.
Nigeria tech ecosystem is becoming wider every day and innovators are getting opportunities also through such event that’s been happening in Africa for the past 3 years. The event had people coming from different parts of Nigeria and other countries such as India and Kenya.
The founder of TechpointNG, Mr. Adewale Yusuf, pulled the event with his amazing team and got support from companies that also believe in changing and making the country better through technology.
More than 25 speakers came to inspire the audience with definite, impactful knowledge that made everyone present at the conference feel each speaker’s struggle before their wealth, and the research they’ve made before success.
“Learn to build solutions that will change the world and continue to keep learning for perfection. You can also solve additional problems of existing inventions that will make life easier.
If you’re looking for investors, never forget they want it to yield a huge amount of money, so make sure your invention is worth investing in.
When trying to build something, it is impossible to do it alone. But with the help of a team, we can be sure to change the world.
The aspect of technology is growing in the country; the government can’t even stop us because they are outdated and technology is the lead for us, not the government.”
People were able to meet some of the young C.E.O’s and young leaders of top brands in Nigeria and Africa. Hearing their stories got people to understand that there’s no such thing as “short cut” it’s all about hard work, dedication, consistency and passion for what they do that got them to the top of their game.
Personally, I had to attend the conference from Bauchi State Nigeria, because I believe getting inspired is the best way to fuel my emotions and push me more towards what I do. Also, travelling opens one up to learn more and know where to improve or what to stop doing.
So I say; TechPoint Inspired2018 was amazing.
SOME OF THE SPEAKERS AT THE EVENT:
- Juliet Ehimuan, Google Country Director
- Obinna Ukwuani (CEO/Founder) Makers Academy Africa
- Oluwaseyi Oyesainu (Talent Manager, Ecobank)
- Olufunbi Falaye (Partner, Passion Incubator)
- Prosper Otemuyiwa (Tech Freelancer/ Evangelist, forLoop Africa)
- Blessing Obehi Ayemhere (Founder, Proville)
- Gbenga Adegbiji (Head Data Centre, MainOne)
- Akin Banuso (General Manager, Microsoft)
- Akintunde Oyebode (Executive Secretary, LSETF )
- Juliet Anammah (CEO, Jumia Nigeria )
- Olumide Balogun (Head of Marketing, Nokia Phones)
- Oyinlola Oluwatobi (Embedded Systems Engineer at rLoop)
- Rolayo Akhigbe, Divisional Head, Transaction Banking, FCMB
- Tosin Olaseinde (Money Africa)
- Tosin Eniolorunda (CEO/Founder, TeamApt)
- Adebanjo Omokehinde (Country Manager, MasterCard)
- Adedeji Olowe (Founder, Open Banking)
- Julius Wanyaga (Head, Digital Banking Transformation, FCMB )
- Deji Oguntunade (Divisional Head For FinTech & Innovation, GTBank)
- Cynthia Adaeze, Director, Maths AfriQue International
- Emeka Okoye (CEO, Cymantiks Nigeria Limited)
- Dr. Richard Ikiebe (Faculty member, School of Media and Communication, Pan-Atlantic University)
- Chidi Ajaere (Chairman GIG Group)
- Avadhoot Revankar (CTO, Netcore)
- Muyiwa Matuluko, Co-Founder /Editor -In- Chief, Techpoint.ng
- Gbenga Sesan (Executive Director, Paradigm Initiative Nigeria)
- Seun Onigbinde (Lead Partner, BudgIT)
- Emeka Okoye (CEO, Cymantik)
- Lanre Marcaully (Cyber-security Expert and founder, Bondcrew Group)